- This event has passed.
Decommissioning of Offshore Installations
Decommissioning offshore Oil and Gas installations is an inevitable part of the ‘Life of Field’ activities. It carries a multi-billion $ cost with no commercial return.
The course will provide delegates with a comprehensive understanding of all aspects of offshore decommissioning from late life operations, through to planning, estimating, preparation, execution and close out. A key learning point for delegates will be the opportunity to take part in real life exercises related to decommissioning of a typical offshore asset. Also, delegates will have the rare opportunity of discussing and comparing their individual decommissioning requirements, both with the trainer and with other delegates.
This is a HRD Corp claimable course: 10001312779
The delegates will be taken on a journey starting in the late life of field, circa 8 years from cessation of production (COP). Over the 3 days of the course, the delegates will progress through early planning, preparation, and finally execution and close out of a typical offshore field. During this time the delegates, through a series of exercises, will participate in the development of a decommissioning strategy, schedule and estimate for a typical field.
- Gain a detailed understanding of all aspects of decommissioning.
- A rare learning experience through real life decommissioning related exercises and case studies.
- Interaction with other delegates
- Opportunity to hear how decommissioning challenges are managed internationally.
- Opportunity to see and discuss future changes and technologies for decommissioning.
- Gain an understanding of the decommissioning market and influences.
- Identifying decommissioning opportunities.
- Ability to identify and mitigate decommissioning risks and issues.
- Learn how to develop a decommissioning strategy
- Opportunity to learn, adapt or improve current skill-set
Who Should Attend?
This training course is essential to all those involved in decommissioning who need to be aware of their obligations and liabilities for decommissioning and how best to manage those such that opportunities can be realized, and overall costs reduced.
Day 1: Decommissioning Strategy & Planning
- Decommissioning – the Myths and Realities
- Decommissioning Legislation
- Decommissioning Options
Day 2: Preparing for Decommissioning
- Planning and Estimating for Decommissioning
- Preparatory Work
- Comparative Assessment
- Preparatory Work
Day 3: The End Game
- Preparatory Work
- Removal and Transportation
- Decommissioning Sub-sea Infrastructure and Floating Production Facilities
- Onshore Disposal and Closeout
About Expert Trainer
Expert Trainer is a recognised expert with 25+ years decommissioning experience based in the UK. With his 40 years of Oil and Gas experience, primarily within construction engineering and management both UK and international, he is now focused to equip professionals with a comprehensive understanding in of all aspects of offshore decommissioning from late life operations, through to planning, estimating, preparation, execution and close out.
His mission is to ensure professionals to have complete awareness of their obligations and liabilities for decommissioning and how best to manage those such that opportunities can be realized, and overall costs reduced.
Expert Trainer retired from Wood Group in December 2013 after 23 years’ service with the last 17 years being responsible for their decommissioning activities as Decommissioning Manager and now working as a decommissioning advisor and decommissioning trainer.
He has published ‘Decommissioning Strategies for 21st Century’ and he is the co-author of ‘Human and Organization Factors in the End of Service Life and Decommissioning’ together with numerous other papers/presentations.
He obtained MSc in Project Management from Aberdeen University – with dissertation in decommissioning.
- Responsible for circa 100 decommissioning studies from liability/conceptual studies through detail, engineering and implementation.
- Key role in development of Wood Group decommissioning strategy (prior to retirement).
- Active participant in decommissioning industry work groups.
- Regular presenter at decommissioning events.
- Team leader for decommissioning workshops both UK and international.
- Implementation manager for the decommissioning of Brent Spar in Norway.